I suggest you ...

Sharing a password with individuals

Some passwords I only feel comfortable sharing with certain individuals. Groups should be a convenience for sharing and not the only way to share. For example:

- when i share a sensitive password with a group, when a new person comes on board in future, they now have access to a password. Groups change in ways we cannot predict.

- For billing reasons, i may share my heroku password with the head of operations, but i do not want every person we hire for operations to have access to my heroku account.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Karl Baum shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sean commented  · 

I just ran into the need for this. Scenario: I'm setting up an online account for another person and I only want that person to have access. I can't share with just one person, only a Group. Alternative is for the person themselves to set up the the account and make the password "Private."

I guess my work-around is to create a Group for each person, which, because we are a small company, is not too much of a pain. Still, being able to share a password with just an individual, and not just through a Group needs to be added to the app.

• AdminBrian Sierakowski (Founder, TeamPassword) commented  · 

Hey Dmitry, for things like CRM accounts and Skype we'd recommend using the 'private' accounts, which aren't shared with anyone else in your company. Does that not work for you in this case?

• Dmitry commented  · 

+++

we need to share personal CRM / SKYPE and others accounts each for one USER / please do this option asap!

• Mike commented  · 

I'd love this feature. I'd like my assistant to have access to certain passwords only! This may end up being a deal breaker.

• Cody Helgeson commented  · 

I second this one - would be great to have this option. There are workaround with groups - i.e. having "operations admin" only include you and the head of operations but still would be nice

Feedback and Knowledge Base